Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I heart NY (Part II)

I could write one post for each day I was in New York, but I'll try to squeeze the rest of my trip into one post...

Here's a few more pics of the neighborhood I stayed in from The Bronx.




On the second day we went to the Rockefeller center, which was awesome!  We were told to go there rather then the Empire State Building because it is cheaper and has a better view.




I can't believe how many buldings there are. They were never ending, but made for a gorgeous view that's for sure!

Ice skating rink at the Rockefeller center (minus the ice)



...Basically sums up how I felt after going to the Museum of Modern Art.

We went to 5th Avenue which was AMAZING! I just wish I could have enough money to go crazy in those stores. Afterwards, we crossed through Central Park over to the Met.







On the steps of the Met, right where Blair and her friends sit on GG!
There was an Alexander McQueen exhibit at the Met we had a chance to go to (after waiting in line for two hours).  Definitely worth the wait! It was amazing! The most beautiful and creative designs I have ever seen.  It was quite the experience getting to see them up close.

Infront of the Met
Later on our trip we went to lower Manhattan and visited Ground Zero, saw the new Freedom Tower being built, then walked down Wall Street to South Ferry where we took the Staten Island ferry across to see the Statue of Liberty.

Freedom Tower
All I could see of Ground Zero. It was all blocked off for construction





And then my camera decided to die right before we got on the ferry, but the rest of our vacation was just as awesome.  We went shopping in South Hampton, ate at Shake Shack (best burgers I've ever had!), ate at Pink Berry, more $4 margaritas at Benny's Burritos, Empire Hotel (owned by Chuck Bass in GG), chocolate martinis at P.J. Clarke's, etc. etc. 

I'm really glad I got to visit New York, I think that everyone needs to go at least once in their life.  And not just Manhattan, but the surrounding cities as well.  There is so much important history filled in the city, and so much to do and see in general.  I'm also really thankful that Kallie invited me.  I am lucky to have her as my best friend! 




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! How were the chocolate martinis?? That sounds like a good time :) By the way, your picture up top of you three is soooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete